Thursday, July 28, 2011

Starting Kindergarten









Yeah, Lexi is starting Kindergarten this year. And I am seriously experiencing feelings of trepidation at the prospect of her spending seven hours away from her Mommy five days a week! I get anxiety and a headache and I am not sure what is best to do. You see, our school district, and pretty much every school district that we called here in Oklahoma City, doesn't offer half day Kindergarten (or Pre-K) anymore!!! It is all full day! Here I am thinnking, "What the he**!?! Whatever happened to a smooth transition?" It seems like too much too soon. Does anyone else feel the same way?











I hope I can find a solution soon that feels right. I have been looking into a Montessori school that seems awesome, but the tuition would make the budget tighter around here.





I know that a lot of moms cry when their children start school, and I am told that it is mostly because she is my first, but a headache, anxiety and the blues? Is that normal? Or am I just weird??? I know she will do fine, whatever schooling choice we make. And we will closely monitor how she is progressing and feeling. She says she wants to try full day, so we will give it a try. I just need to chill out and remember that homeschooling is always an option. :)








P.S. This picture took forever to get, and it still isn't right!!!

P.P.S Barrett chipped his tooth today at the pool, poor little guy. The low point of our day. :(


P.P.P.S What does "P.S." mean, anyway?


5 comments:

AngieA said...

I know coming from me, this advice probably seems silly. But I don't think for her going to full day kindergarten is going to be that rough. Its going to be rough on you, for sure. I've heard from many moms that having their kids leave at first is really, really hard. But after a week or two, they are fine with it. And since you have two other kids at home, I don't think you'll have too much time to worry about it anyway... I would say just let it happen, after all, she's going to go to school all day eventually, might as well start right off the bat. Just my two cents.

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

P.S. means Post Script. . .so the P.P.S would be Post Post Script :)-I think you should give the full day Kindergarten a try. . .you and her might end up loving it! And about the anxiety and headaches, maybe you will need a fathers blessing to start school too!! :)

Tara said...

I know exactly how you feel! Kenadi starts all day Kindergarten tomorrow, and I am not ready for it. I absolutely do NOT LIKE the all day thing, and think it's too much too soon. I actually had Kenadi enrolled as a homeschool student because of it, but decided that since she wants to go, we'll try it. I still don't know if it's the right decision, but yes, homeschooling is definitely an option. A friend of a friend didn't put her kids into public school until they were at the age of accountability- so , 8. I like that idea and that is how I wanted to do it with mine... but I guess we're gonna see what we think first. Hmmm, long comment, I know. Good luck. Oh, and Kenadi and I both got blessings today. That always makes me feel better. =)

Alicia said...

I'm sure you're normal. Probably the mom's that go through the same type of anxiety as you just keep to themselves for fear of what others think.

My 2 little sisters did all day Kindergarten at Greenwood because my mom had to work and didn't like the idea of them being sent to school or picked up from school by a sitter. They both enjoyed it and wasn't that hard of a transition for them.

I would love to send my son to a Montessori school, but they are expensive. Is it pathetic I've already started looking at school options and he's only 1? Because the thought of school in 4 years my me very anxious. Also, I feel the need to be completely prepared and have my mind made up about where he should go by then.

Haylee said...

Kindergarten! What a big girl! Sending my baby to kindergarten would certainly give me a lot of trepidation! But I'm sure she'll do well. From what you write about her on here, she seems to have a sweet, fun personality that will be great for a kindergartener.

Chipping teeth for Barrett=no fun.

And I hope you're liking your new mixer! Isn't it amazing?!?!?

Family Pix

Family Pix