Monday, June 6, 2011

Good for the Soul

Well, today has been a bit of a hectic day. A good hectic day. But a hectic day nonetheless. And amidst all the mayhem I was reminded of several things that are "good for the soul". Namely:


1. Sleep, and more of it!
2. Gardening in the morning before it is too hot and smelling the awesome smell of tomato plants and basil.
3. Chocolate white chip cookies (good for the soul, but not the weight loss plan)
4. Making cookies with my children and seeing chocolate mustaches and beards appear.
5. Happy children who play together without fighting for longer than 5 min. :)
6. Talking to my Mom with few interruptions.
7. Hanging laundry on the line.
8. Chatting peacefully with Carl while the kids play cars.
9. Hearing Lexi say, "I have a princess car named 'Belle'."
10. Kenny saying to me, "I don't like cavity bugs. I like salad." :) lol
11. Barrett smiliing like a Cheshire Cat as soon as he spots me after a nap.

Yep, all these things are definitely good for the soul!

2 comments:

AngieA said...

Your kids are too funny. I love hearing their words of wisdom. :-)

Alicia said...

I agree. Sometimes it is nice to sit back and list the good things in a hectic day.

Family Pix

Family Pix