Sunday, May 8, 2011

An Oldie, but a Goodie!

Happy Mother's Day!



I am so happy I chose to be a Mother. :)


And, keeping with the theme, here is an old, but good(!) poem I wrote and posted on the blog almost 3 years ago about Motherhood. I like it quite a lot and I hope you do to. It is a little odd. Just remember there are two voices. To see the original posting, click here.http://candccfamily.blogspot.com/2009/04/new-kind-of-poetry.html




Who Likes It?


Who likes cleaning up messes?


Not me.


oh,


. . .



Who like doing dishes?


Not me!


oh, . . .


. . .




Who likes enforcing discipline?



Not ME!


oh . . .


hmm . . .
. . . . . . . . . . .


Who likes sweet snuggles?


I do


yeah.


Who likes playing and puzzles?


I do!


Yeah!




Who likes hugs and kisses and Dandelion wishes and


smiles just because you came in the room?


I do!!


Yeah!




Who loves being a Mother?


We do.


Oh yeah . . .


:)





And to finish off, a quote or two that I love about Motherhood.





I've got more children than I can rightly take care of, but I ain't got more than I can love.


~Ossie Guffy




I looked on child rearing not only as a work of love and duty but as a profession that was fully as interesting and challenging as any honorable profession in the world and one that demanded the best that I could bring to it.


~Rose Kennedy






P.S. I don't know why the spacing is so BIG, but I don't know how to make it have normal spacing. If anybody know how to correct this problem, please let me know!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

My favorite line of your poem is: "Who likes hugs and kisses and dandelion wishes and smiles just because you came in the room?"
Also, I LOVE the quote by Rose Kennedy. It is one of my favorites.
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Courtnie said...

Hmmm, I don't know what happened to your comment Michelle! It just disappeared! Wierd.

kelly said...

i love this post, court. i like your poem and i can't believe how much barrett has grown up since we were there. what a darling family.

xoxox

mom

Family Pix

Family Pix