Monday, May 23, 2011
1. "I want too much." (Telling me he wants more Season Salt on his potatoes :) )
2. "I *pause to think* will not!" (when told he can't do whatever because he will do something naughty)
3. "I want a boyfriend and a girlfriend." (Lexi was talking about how she has friends that are boys and girls.)
Lexi has given us some great quotes from the sleeptalking she occasionally does. I love the entertainment sleeptalking provides, that's for sure!
1. "I want to float on the pretend Jellyfish!" (Don't ask, I have no idea.)
2. "Some more FOOOOD!" (I feed her, I promise! . .)
3. "I want another Graham cracker." (I really do!)
4. "No, it's mine!!! Mine!" (Sharing? What's that?)
:) Funny kids.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Sunday, May 8, 2011
I am so happy I chose to be a Mother. :)
And, keeping with the theme, here is an old, but good(!) poem I wrote and posted on the blog almost 3 years ago about Motherhood. I like it quite a lot and I hope you do to. It is a little odd. Just remember there are two voices. To see the original posting, click here.http://candccfamily.blogspot.com/2009/04/new-kind-of-poetry.html
Who Likes It?
Who likes cleaning up messes?
. . .
Who like doing dishes?
oh, . . .
. . .
Who likes enforcing discipline?
oh . . .
hmm . . .
. . . . . . . . . . .
Who likes sweet snuggles?
Who likes playing and puzzles?
Who likes hugs and kisses and Dandelion wishes and
smiles just because you came in the room?
Who loves being a Mother?
Oh yeah . . .
And to finish off, a quote or two that I love about Motherhood.
I've got more children than I can rightly take care of, but I ain't got more than I can love.
I looked on child rearing not only as a work of love and duty but as a profession that was fully as interesting and challenging as any honorable profession in the world and one that demanded the best that I could bring to it.
P.S. I don't know why the spacing is so BIG, but I don't know how to make it have normal spacing. If anybody know how to correct this problem, please let me know!!!