Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas 2007

Christmas 2008



Christmas 2009



Christmas 2010

So, yeah. I am feeling pretty darn nostalgic by now. And a wee bit meloncholy. I wish I could go back to those days past, when Lexi and Kenny were smaller. And then I would hold them longer, hold their chubby little hands longer, be more patient, give them more stories and kisses. Love on them longer. Just do more. I wish I had those days back, (while still having my little Barrett Bun, of course). But of course I can't take them back. Once these days pass, they are gone forever. And ergo, I must cherish these children of mine, my world, NOW. They are everything that has meaning for me. And I cannot let myself get caught up in all of the less important distractions that pull at me and let this special time pass me by, leaving me wishing for more time. Now is the time. The time to be patient, to love on freely, to hold more hands, to cuddle as much as they will allow, to be less distracted.
Romanticizing the past is fine and good, but we cannot forget the present. The time to cherish is NOW.



3 comments:

Haylee said...

So beautifully put! I'm trying to remember this now. I already miss the newborn days. The growing up happens too fast!

Michelle said...

What a great post, Courtnie! I don't know how I missed it earlier. So poignant. Thank you!

Bekkah said...

That i very beautiful Courtnie :)

Family Pix

Family Pix