Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Monday, November 28, 2011
Here is a little ditty I call :
- I didn't like to look in mirrors cause I thought I was fairly unattractive (especially compared to my older sister, who always looked perfect)
- Went to voice lessons every week
- But never won a competition
- Was very shy and uptight and nervous
- Didn't have a best friend, or many friends at all, for that matter!
- Worked as a Dental Assistant for my father
- Spent nearly every lunch hour in the library
- Was a bit infatuated with a boy I had never spoken to
- Went to high school with my older sister and younger brother, which was kinda cool
- Drove to BYU for classes in a stick shift Volvo, which I got pretty good at
- Took an acting class at afore mentioned BYU and learned I have no acting skills whatsoever!
- Sang a solo in the school Christmas program, which was quite frightening.
- Was a "Mama" (please note: I was not the"Mama", I was a "Mama". Big difference. I was just an extra) in the schools musical of Fiddler on the Roof. It was pretty fun
- And therefore discovered I didn't fit in with the drama kids.
- Who did I fit in with anyway ? . . .
Yeah . . . um, and I don't know what else to put except for MAN am I glad I am done being a teenager! It definitely wasn't the golden age for me! I was quite the loner.
So, my ten years ago might seem a bit depressing, but I don't find it so. Because I see progress! I am doing better now than I was then, and all in all, I guess it wasn't that bad afterall. I turned out okay since I'm not too crazy. :D But yeah, I still am glad it is over with! :)
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Ah, phooey. I had a nice long post written, and it is gone. Poof! What a waste of time! :( Well, Barrett had his birthday two weeks ago, and it was a nice day for the little Bun, although crazier than I would have liked. And it came at the tail end of a week when Carl worked evenings (I really do not like these weeks!) so suffice it to say that the kitchen and house overall were worse for wear. And I was "terrible worn out" (Anne of Green Gables, anyone?). So, his Birthday didn't turn out quite as I wanted or imagined (of course, none of them have . . .). But it was a nice day nonetheless and he seemed happy with it! :)
Kenny is on a "I-am-whatever-is-on-my-shirt" kick right now. So, he picks his shirts carefully and then pretends to be whatever is proudly displayed on his chest. Sometimes he is a car, sometimes he is Spiderman, but on this day of days, he was a Buffalo! :)
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
This way, we get a really good idea and feel for what it is like both ways. She is doing fine, by the way. She has made friends and has made the adjustment well, but I feel like her being gone so much is not the right fit for us or her right now. I feel like a five year old being away from home 7 hours a day 5 days a week, when being home is an option (ie: I don't work outside the home), is unnecessary. When Carl works evenings she hardly sees him for more than 15 min. each day that week. And I feel like my time with her during the week is not full of quality time because by the time she gets home (3:30) we are nearing time to make dinner and start the bedtime routine, otherwise known as the arsenic hour (within an hour and a half). So, that is the decision. There are definite pros and cons either way, and I want to give them both a try. And, to tell you the truth, I really miss my Lexi. If it was just half day, I would have no problemo! None whatsoever, but 7 hours is not what we need right now.
Another Clegg family train
Kenny started Joyschool, and loves it! He never has any qualms about being at another mom's housefor 1 1/2 hours, most of whom he hardly knows. If they have different TOYS, he is good to go!
And who is this horrid bugger? He is Hornworth, the truly massive caterpillar that devoured most of my healthy pepper plant in one night. He was about 4 inches long and about 1 inch around (maybe more). He was the biggest monster of a caterpillar I have ever seen! * For anyone who cares, he is a Hornworm, and would have turned into a Hummingbird moth. And I don't know what his fate was, I threw him over the fence. :) *
And what is this mess? Lexi decided on night after watching Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus that she was going to have some iceskates. This is her cute attempt at making herself a pair. :D
Two final notes. There is finally some activity in my garden. I have 3 baby squash growing. Hopefully they keep it up. I am somewhat excited and hopeful. And . . . Barrett's first birthday is this Saturday!!!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
My girl is happy with her swing, my boy is happy with his new
caterpillar friend named "Squishy" and my baby is happy with the
P.S. Barrett is NOT about to get hit by Lexi on the swing. It just looks like it. Carl is actually holding Lexi back for "Barrett Crossing".
Thursday, August 25, 2011
1. I just downed 2 pudding cups.
2. And I have no intention to do any exercise anytime soon.
3. We watched the Barbie as Rapunzel movie today. I loved it. What can I say? It makes me feel all warm and toasty inside. It's a feel good kind of show and it made me feel good. :P
4. I watch Dance Moms and I like it a lot. It's a guilty pleasure.
5. My teeth are yellow. Lexi told me so.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Monday, August 8, 2011
2. The power was off for a loooong time (so it seemed). Hallelujah it is back on!!!
3. A/C is good. We like A/C.
4. I have lost a cute little toad in my house. His/her name is Alesha and he/she is brown and bumpy. If you see this toad, send him/her my way please! I have a little 5 year old girl who is going to be really unhappy to find her new pet is gone. :(
5. She will be even more sad if she finds a shriveled up toad a few days later. . .
6. I really like making new friends and building stronger bonds with old ones. As time passes, I realize more and more how important deep, fulfilling relationships and friendships are. A good social network isn't just something people want, it truly is something we all need in order to be healthy individuals. Attaining this network is hard work at times, and, depending on where we are, can sometimes seem impossible. But truly deep and fulfilling friendships can be found wherever we go. Sometimes we just find them in places we never thought to look . . .
7. Speaking of places to look, where am I going to find that TOAD?!?
8. Lexi is starting school next week. Damn, I am not ready for this . . .
9. Kenny is funny. And doesn't take to the whole notion of using the potty consistently very well.
10. Barrett needs to start sleeping better. So that this momma can start sleeping better too.
11. Sleep. I like sleep. Maybe I should go do this thing called "sleep". Oh, wait, I still have to do this, and this and this (find a toad???) and this (tallys fingers) . . . . . Maybe later.
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Sunday, July 17, 2011
To start, I wanted to post some pictures of the kids enjoying the fun fishing game and gummies that someone in our ward left for us anonymously. The kids loved it, as did I! :) Thanks, whoever you are! It really is super cute and creative. I especially like the Jellyfish. :)
(Holding a fishing pole from the game, btw. It's magnetic.)
My birthday was the next day, and Carl made it a wonderful day!
After said goodbye to the cousins and left Colorado, we went to UT and stayed for 3 weeks! Carl flew back to OK the day before Father's Day (not my idea, but sure sweet of him to arrange for us to stay in UT while he came home). We had his gifts waiting for him to find around the house. Not preferable, of course. But he still felt really loved! Anyhoo, while in UT we celebrated the 4th of July.
Lexi loves her Step-Grandpa we like to call "Grampsy Joao". He brought her 3 cute handmade recycled plastic bag animals from Africa and they made a zoo for the animals to reside in. As you can tell, Grampsy Joao loves Lexi right back. :)
Anyone we loves my kids is a winner in my book!
I thought it was pretty cute! (as well as colorful!)
On July 8th, Grammy (my mom) and Grampsy Joao were wed. It was a lovely day, jam packed full of getting ready, and fretting about this and that and festivities and flowers . . . and it was just nice. Nice, but exhausting.
My kids are clamoring for CAKE!
Cody and Connor looking spiffy.
Cody is clearly very excited. Very.
Kenny hanging out before the ceremony.
Lexi with her ring bearer pillow. She was the ring bearer, and she took her job very seriously and did it very well! :) So sweet.