Friday, January 22, 2010

Little Butter

We have been making homemade peanut butter these past few days. Being stuck at home due to rain and having 2 large storage size baggies full of peanuts (thanks Mom!) made it all possible. The kids love it! Especially Kenny, whom I am now referring to as Little Butter. To illustrate this, today, after he woke up from his nap, he said, "Buh-der!" in his cute little voice and wriggled around desiring immediate release from my arms. He then scrambled over to the table and started consuming our special peanut butter. Usually he wants me to hold him for a while to "ungroggify" after naps. But he loves that peanut butter so much that he didn't need "Mommy Ungroggifying Time" today! Just "Buh-der!" :)



Lexi likes it too, but she isn't quite as passionate about it as Kenny.

Chowing down!


Digging in.



So cute and handsome and sweet with crazy hair!

These next photos of Lexi are some random cute ones I took last October.






Loves that little Punkin!
Homemade "Touch of Honey" Peanut Butter Recipe: (In case anyone is would like to try it)
1 cup peanuts (with shells and skins removed, of course)
1/4 cup oil (preferrably peanut oil, but I just use regular cooking oil and it works fine)
1/2 tsp salt (I omitted the salt because my peanuts were already salty enough)
1-2 TBS honey
Grind up peanuts in a blender or food processor. Add oil and honey. Blend again. Add more oil in 1 tsp amounts if peanut butter needs thinning.
Eat and enjoy!
If anyone does try it, let me know how you liked it! :)


2 comments:

Kitty & Kazuki said...

FIRST POST!!!! WHOOOOOOOO!!! *Does the first post dance*

I am sooo using that peanut butter recipe. For, while I usually find that I prefer most Japanese products to their American counterparts, the so-called "peanut butter" over here is more like mildly sweetened frosting. I miss stuff like Jiffy and whatnot.

Oh, and with hair like that, it's only befitting that Kenny be called "Little Butter." Though I am of the notion that simply "Butters" would do quite nicely as well. :)

~Me

Lexi is soooo cute! I love you, Lexi!!
~Kazuki

[NOTE: Now before you get all offended on Kenny's behalf, just know that Kaz is partial to little girls. Hehe.^^;]

Anonymous said...

what a good idea to do with all those peanuts! i'm going to try it with ours that we still have. lexi looks SOOO grown up in that first picture, it almost made me saddish. kenny's hair just gets crazier and crazier - i love it! hope everyone's getting better.

xox

mom

Family Pix

Family Pix