Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Confess . . .

I have had a couple of friends post their "confessions", which I liked a lot. So I have decided that I will confess as well! :) Of course, these confession will be the light, fluffy funny ones. I have plenty of real faults (which I won't mention) that would be too embarassing or uncomfortable to reveal. Don't we all???



My Confessions of Fluff x 10
1. I like myself a little bit o' gossip, I'm afraid. I find it rather tantilizing to hear about how so-and-so isn't happy in his/her marriage and how they gained __ lbs because they are unhappy. Of course, my gossip is only said and responded to in the nicest and most condescending of ways! :) *heh*
Another reason I enjoy hearing it is because I want to prevent it from happening in my life. I don't take joy in others misfortune, mind you. I analyze it and try to figure out what went wrong. I also have the natural tendancy to think that if someone is doing poorly, I must be doing better. But their life has no reflection on me. It doesn't apply to me at all! Life isn't graded on a curve!
2. I can be rather vain. Although on most days, from looking at me, most people wouldn't think this (Especially today with a wrinkly, long-sleeve T-shirt, hair in one braid and no makeup). But when I do make myself up, I become vain. And I am stupid and haughty enough to think to myself (on occasion), "I am the best lookin' chick in this room." (Has anybody else thought this on occasion? I'm sure many of us have, right? Beauty, afterall, is in the eye of the beholder.)
3. However, on days that I don't do myself up, I look in the mirror and think, "Eh, I'm nothing special," or "I would make a better looking boy with how I'm looking today!"
4. I have a terrible habit of wiping my hands on my pants after cooking or eating or getting dirty at the park or whatever. I have a few stained areas on the thighs of several pants/capris.
5. I compare myself to others ALL THE TIME! This is my worst habit of all. I have to tell myself often that how other people look, live their lives and mother their children does NOT apply to me. I also tend to compare myself more with people I feel have snubbed me, and much less with those that I am close to (who I know care about me).
6. If I happen to accidentally noisily break wind when Carl and the kids in the room, I blame one of the kids (usually Kenny). They don't care (P.S. This doesn't happen often!). :) :) :)
7. I have a wretched sense of direction and get lost easily. The idea of driving from here to UT by myself scares me. I really need to work on this . . .
8. I often miss social cues and do dumb things. Hopefully everyone gives me a benefit of a doubt. I didn't mean to offend, I promise!
9. I stew for days if I think I offended someone too!
10. I take too much pride in my singing abilities, but with the smoke and ash in the air here in CA, I haven't been able to do very well. Keeps me humble!
Well, that's it. Now you all have several reasons to think, "Wow. She's not so great." :)
Happy Halloween, y'all!

2 comments:

The Terrell Family said...

Courtnie! I love this post and am guilty of a few of those things myself. I remember being younger and convinced that I should have been a boy because I sure look like one!! You are a great looking chick and do have an amazing voice. You decorate a mean cupcake too!!! You should be vain about that too =)

angiea said...

Wow. It never seizes to amaze me that even though we are so different, we are so similar as well. I do 8 out of 10 of those things too! :-)

Family Pix

Family Pix