Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dental Hygienist

I am going to go back to school someday. After Carl is finished with his degree, and we get things settled down a bit (if that ever happens . . .), that is. But man, there are a lot of choices! I love, love, LOVE photography, as I am sure anybody can tell who takes a gander at my blog. But I don't think that it would be a very practical degree for me. I'll just take a couple of classes on it and teach myself over time. The degree that I really feel good about and am excited about is Dental Hygiene. I love dentistry, heck, I even find it fascinating! If I had different notions about life and what I want to get out of it, I would consider becoming a Dentist. I have a lot of knowledge about the subject already. And experience, being a Dental Assistant and all. Yep, this seems like the degree for me. I like teeth! Hah! Anyway . . . It seems like a smart degree to attain, because you get your bang for your buck out of it. And when I work as a Hygienist, I can have a very flexible work schedule. There is one other perk to this degree, if I do choose to get it in the future. I can work for my mom if I live in Utah. How can it get any better?

2 comments:

iandysgrl said...

I think Dental Hygenist is definitely the best thing for you. I can't wait to go back to school either, once Andy finishes his degree. I wish I could go right now, but I don't know how the finances would go.

Michelle said...

So you would work for your mom? Did she take over your dad's office? I'm confused, but I agree that it would be cool to work for her. Plus, with all the experience you already have you've got a huge advantage going into it. I enjoy pondering future degrees I would like to get.
Sometimes it is good to remember that I do have talents that extend beyond changing poopy diapers and doing laundry!

Family Pix

Family Pix