Sunday, September 28, 2008

More Pictures and Thoughts

Well, to start off, I am going to just say that I think it is quite ironic that I love the internet so much, and yet can become depressed from spending too much time on it. Who else feels the same way? It has become a whole new method of socializing that has many pros. But with those pros come many cons. It allows us to socialize without having to get off of our buttocks; it helps us get past our fear of rejection because, heck, we don't even have to see their face! But it also makes life more lonely, because, like stated before, we don't see others. We just type into a computer what we are feeling. It lacks the real, true human connection, and I think that I why I often feel dissatisfied after being on the net and attempting to socialize. It just doesn't cut it! It's not real. (If you agree/disagree, tell me in the comment section. I would love to hear everyones point of view! Lets start a discussion!)

Okay, now it is time for pix!

A couple of days ago I did a "photo shoot" of the kids. I can hardly call it a photo shoot though, because I am a very amature photographer, if that. Anyhoo, here are the pictures that were produced that day. . .




Kenny tries to grab the camera . . .



And gets frustrated! . . .



But I still got a smile!


Lexi is a bit more tricky . . .



Just gotta keep her busy.



I love Kenny's belly and Lexi's big hug!




Lexi hamming it up, as always.




Handsome boy!



Here we have a blanket that I made for a dear friend who is about to have a baby girl. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but now I think it is quite lovely.



Detail . . .



Full view.

I have been told to try selling these, and am thinking about it. Do you think that would be a good idea?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I have no idea how you have time to make such lovely blankets, but I say go for it! You could definately sell them, and who doesn't want some money on the side?
I love the pictures, as always... especially the frustrated Kenny picture when he wasn't able to succeed in snatching the camera! That was cute.
I COMPLETELY agree about the internet thing. It is very compelling, but frustrating too. I get my feelings hurt when friends never comment on my blog or put me on their list of links. Isn't that dumb? I also feel upset sometimes when I realize how much time has slipped away and I have so very much to accomplish. Sometimes I feel guilty for semi-ignoring Weston too. At any rate, I love keeping in touch with others through blogging, but I definately have to limit myself and take the time to actually go out and talk to real people too.

By the way, I would love to talk about holistic stuff anytime. You can call, or I can call you - whatever! My number is 702-445-0143.

Family Pix

Family Pix