Monday, February 4, 2008

And for today . . .

Hey. Well, my poor little Lexi has been real sick the past few days. And when a little one gets sick, it is sure miserable for everyone! No sleep, no getting anything done, having to deal with a little grouch. Still, Lexi is having the worst time. And I am glad that I can make her feel better.

So, Kenny is due in 25 days. Coming right up! I have been having a lot of practice contractions for the past few weeks. Maybe he will be a little early, like Lexi. That would be just fine with me!

I have been reading a lot about natural childbirth. And I am really revved up about having a completely natural birth. I went natural with Lexi, except for being induced after contractions stopped (something I am not happy about). I am going to have a midwife and I am going to labor in water and try to have a water birth. It sounds like the way to go! A great book to read about natural childbirth is "Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth" by Ina May Gaskin. Another great read is "Mind Over Labor" by Carl Long.

I also am interested in trying to get my baby to do the breast crawl. Sounds pretty strange, doesn't it? Well, check out this video: http://breastcrawl.org/video.htm This video supports breastfeeding and bonding with baby right after birth as well as natural childbirth. Check out http://breastcrawl.org/ and read up on it. It really is amazing!

No comments:

Family Pix

Family Pix